Monday, December 26, 2011

Denim on Denim, I'm Blending In

After such a beautiful Christmas day, I'm suddenly remembering the east coast a bit more than normal. 

You see, I've been born and raised a Carolina boy, and now that I'm living in the Mountain West, I get homesick now and then. 

The week before I moved, I bought this awesome album on iTunes, called Paperbirds- EP by Elephant Shortcut. It's only 5 songs, but they make me really happy. I listened to this album almost constantly through the day I moved, and every time I re listen to it, I feel a great longing for the old City I used to live in.

This is one of my favorite songs on that album, although I must admit I love them all. And it's in 6/8!

(Sorry about the recording, but none of their live videos can really compare to their recorded version on iTunes.)


Racing on sidewalks we flew away
jumping from heights i tried to be brave
inklings of longings that turned into feelings for you
like you knew they'd do, for you
yeah you knew they'd do
for you

No comments:

Post a Comment