Sunday, November 13, 2011

"But I was so much Older Then..."

Greetings 6/8 Society Readers! My name is Robyn, and I come from North Carolina - I was most graciously invited to contribute to this site by my dear music-loving friends, Aaron and Mrs. Catherine.
Tonight, in my haste to find something swingy, I came upon a wonderful little-known tune of Bob Dylan's called "My Back Pages." It is sort of slow, so the critical listener might contradict me and say, "This is 3/4, Robyn." But oh contraire! I think that this song is just...punchy enough, let's say, that it can be considered a 6/8 piece (I mean that there is enough of an accent on the first beat of every triplet to make it more 6/8 than 3/4).
In any case, here is the song that a traveling guitarist played at our homecoming tailgate last year, when I jogged up in my marching band uniform and requested Bob Dylan.


No comments:

Post a Comment