Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It's finally that time of the year!

It's finally Christmastime! 

I am inordinately excited about Christmas this year.  I'm not even really sure why! It's possibly because I'm due to have our little boy not long after Christmas, so Christmas coming means he's almost here too--but I also just feel excited about the season :)  And now that Thanksgiving is over, I can allow myself to listen to Christmas music nonstop! 

Something great about Christmas music is that SO many Christmas songs are in 6/8! I'm going to spend the next few weeks reveling in them, and I'll be sure to share some of them with you here :) 

This week I'm really loving Sufjan Stevens' Christmas album Songs for Christmas. I listen to it online every year and always thinking about buying it, but I never do.  But this year, I finally caved and bought it! And man, am I glad I did.  2 hours of music for $16? Totally worth it. 

Today I'm loving his song "What child is this anyway?"  I've always loved that Christmas carol and it's even more enjoyable with that folky Sufjan vibe. 

Take a listen!


And enjoy this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment