Friday, November 4, 2011

I slip on the Sidewalk, and fall on my face!

Although he is not of my favorite repertoire, Owl City has published more songs in 6/8 than any other current pop artist. Some are more romantic, while others are simply fun.

This evening, as I was driving back from a party, the first snow of the year began, and is proceeding to cover all the grounds. Having been born and raised in the good ol' south, snow came only at the very end of December, but mostly in January. And in my mind, snow has always been connected with Christmas. Although, I have only lived through one white Christmas, in 2010, and after doing a little research, the prior white Christmas in that city was in 1947. Now that I am living in the mountainous west, I do believe I will be getting used to the snow.

So despite it still being November, I am more than ready for it to be Christmas. I love that spirit of love, happiness, and fun. And in honor of that fun, and in the spirit of 6/8, I present Owl City's Peppermint Winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment