Monday, November 28, 2011

Oh Snap, I think He's a Pirate

Aside from me almost forgetting that today is my day to post, I'm now in a great mood!

I'm in my High School in orchestra, and I've played lots of music from today's repertoire. Stuff from Bach, Beethoven, Gershwin, and to lesser known, but equal as snazy music such as rosin eating zombies from outer space, wipe out, and the themes to the Chronicles of Narnia and Indian Jones.

I really like sea chanteys. They are often recognizable more than not bringing in elements if not the tune of Greensleeves. And guess what.

They are almost always in 6/8.

Not only does 6/8 create a ever moving, and ever flowing feel to a song of the high seas, it also appears to be easier to sing to when you are drunk.

So to combine both a sea chantey, and a very very famous movie into one great 6/8 experience, here is, "He's a Pirate"!

No comments:

Post a Comment