Thursday, November 10, 2011

You're only what you give back

In my excitement to write my last post, I realized I never introduced myself!

My name is Catherine.  I'm a soon-to-be college graduate, wife to my amazing husband Jesse, and soon-to-be mother to our little boy, who's due in January! I love playing music (on violin, guitar and piano), listening to music, reading, playing games and crafting, and I write about my adventures over at Her Romantic Mind.

So in preparation for writing this blog post, I went through my whole iTunes library and made a playlist of all of the songs I own that are in 6/8. It turned out that I own 86 songs that are in 6/8, which makes up 3.6% of my iTunes library.  (86 songs in 6/8! it's meant to be!)  In doing this search, I actually discovered that I had more songs in 6/8 than I realized, and that many songs that I love but haven't listened to in awhile are in 6/8 as well.  It was pretty exciting! 

In my hunt, I was reminded how much I love the song "Earth" by Imogen Heap. It just makes me want to move--dance, sway, or at the least tap my toes! See if it does the same for you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment